PERFORMANCE BY THE CHILDREN
The socio-economic conditions of the children have a direct bearing on their overall performance. The environment and the surroundings are not congenial for the healthy growth of the child. The parent’s economic condition makes them feel that their child can be turned into a bread earner. The follow up and the necessary support, which is a must in every home is not forthcoming from the parents.
Following factors are attributed to the lack of concentration in studies and poor attendance in school:
- A child’s daily performance, just as an adult is directly related to his/her home life. Constant family crisis due to economic stress makes the child feel insecure and alienated.
- Problem starts due to a parent’s illness, loss of income, increased expenses, fear about the future, Stigma and a culture of silence and denial within the family. Seeing their parent’s ill, the child goes through a lot of psychosocial stress resulting in drop of school attendance.
- Many children are struggling to survive on their own in households headed by older siblings who are most often girls.
- The children are pulled out of schools to take care of younger siblings or to substitute the family earning. This is one of the biggest disadvantages faced by the youth of our community.
- Poor health is often a problem faced where poverty flourishes. Many families live in closed quarters in substandard, destitute and unsanitary conditions. Children fall ill and are not able to afford proper medical treatment. When kids are unhealthy, they are not able to grasp as much knowledge from the school as is required and this makes the matter worse.
- Lack of money means insufficient nutrition. The shortage of food, and in many cases little or no income results in sickness and Malnutrition.
- Illiterate parents, who are unable to teach and guide their children is also a big drawback in the progress of the child.
These are just some of the hardships that poverty stricken face while they simultaneously try to balance these huge burdens with their academic pursuits.
Our schools have been established to nurture the child from a very impressionable age in an open, multi-dimensional environment. The emphasis always and invariably is on the balanced and integrated development of the body, the mind and the spirit as to produce adults who are physically, mentally and spiritually mature enough to handle and face the vicissitudes of life with optimism, courage and fortitude.
We are faced with more difficult challenges and that is to secure the rights for all children to receive a free quality education through qualified teachers, proven academic programs, buildings and technology, fair and firm discipline and good safety policies.
Following measures have been taken up for improving the standard of education:
- We are trying to inculcate among students a need for holistic development and physical fitness. Hence extracurricular activities and sports are an integral part of our curriculum.
- Our schools have one of the best multipurpose indoor hall.
- We have introduced audio-visual aids.
- We do not compromise on the quality of teachers and instructors we have. They have to be the best. The higher attendance among teachers improves performance students is what we believe in. In the past few years, untrained and unqualified teachers were retrenched. Trained, experienced and qualified teachers were inducted.
- We have also appointed very qualified Principals for improving the quality of education and monitoring the schools and overall performance of the children.
- Extra coaching is provided to weaker students.
- Medical camps are conducted in all our schools at regular intervals. Preventive medicines are also distributed to the children.
- Contact and cooperation between teachers and parents yield tangible results. Parental involvement; Principal and Teacher contact with parents are key determinants of success in schools. Hence we see that the parents are in regular touch with the teachers regarding their wards performance.
We are putting in all our efforts to make a difference and have very encouraging results.
With Duas and Salaams
NASEEM FATIMA : CAREER JOURNEY
My virtual journey of career started from IZM Sajjadiya Cannada High School, Moula Ali which helped me in discovering my Rewarding Career and Imame Zamana Mission has provided assistance to me in the field of Education, Housing and Financial terms. IZM School with excellent infrastructure and staff has enlightened the students in building their path towards right career.
I have completed SSC with Distinction from IZM School Moula Ali and joined Intermediate College, Sri Chaitanya Junior College at Ecil and chosen subject as BiPC with the aim of entering into Medical Field.
Completed my Graduation with subject BSc – Biotechnology from Madina Degree College and awarded with Gold medal for top ranker in BSc and Silver Medal for highest scorer in Biotechnology subject and received many awards and accolades.
After completion of Graduation in Distinction joined “Masters of Hospital Management (2 years full time course) at Deccan School of Hospital Management and passed out as topper. Started my career from LAZARUS Hospital as Management Internee for providing assistance to management in Quality Projects and successfully worked on project “ Business Process Reengineering at Laboratory” and present working in Yashoda Group of Hospitals as a passionate Qualitician in Quality Assurance Department.
Barriers: Found many barriers like lack of experience, lack of certification courses to add value to my career etc and some personal barriers like financial obligations.
However, managed to fight with the hurdles and continued to move further.
- A Quality Management Professional with 4 Years experience in quality assurance & quality control system in Hospital and Medical Laboratories.
- Experience in working for External Audits of NABH (Surveillance, Surprise and Re-Assessments) NABL (Surveillance, Verification, and Reassessment).
- Trained Internal Quality Auditor of medical laboratories as per International Standards ISO 15189 standard and NABH Standards for Hospitals.
- Proficient in Quality Tools, MS Office, Internet and basic computer applications.